Target 8: The conservation status of all migratory species, especially threatened species, has considerably improved throughout their range.
► The CMS COP 12.10 (Manila 2017) on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Vultures includes:
9. Calls on Parties to report progress in implementing the Vulture MsAP, including monitoring the efficacy of measures taken, to each Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to CMS, including through their National Rep
9. Underlines the importance of developing and implementing national contingency or action plans related to the potential risk of disease transmission, and the need for national preparedness to respond effectively to instances of detection of HPAI in birds, notably in wetland-dependent species;
11. Urges the Contracting Parties to integrate wildlife, livestock, human and ecosystem health issues into a) contingency planning, b) monitoring and surveillance, c) outbreak investigations and responses to morbidity and mortality events; and d) current and future capacity building activities
5. Requests the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and the State of Eritrea and invites the former Range States to report to the Conference of the Parties at each meeting and to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Equid Specialist Group on the progress of implementation of the Roadmap for the Conservation of the African Wild Ass;
2. Instructs the Secretariat to liaise with the Steering Committee of the African Elephant Fund in order to become an ex officio member, and to:
e) report to the Conference of the Parties at each meeting on relevant actions taken to implement this resolution;
► The CMS COP Resolution 12.28 (Manila 2017) on Concerted Actions, include:
4. Requests the Scientific Council to: a) nominate, for each species and/or taxonomic group listed for Concerted Action, a member of the Council or a designated alternative expert to be responsible for providing a concise written report to each meeting of the Council on progress in the implementation of actions for the species or taxonomic group concerned in accordance with the Guidelines to the Implementation of the Concerted Actions Process contained in Annex 1 to this Resolution;
5. Decides to review, at each meeting of the Conference of the Parties, progress in implementing Concerted Actions, in accordance with the Guidelines to the Implementation of the Concerted Actions Process contained in Annex 1 to this Resolution;
► The Action Plan for the Americas Flyways 2018-2023 attached to Resolution 12.11 as Annex 3, includes:
5. MONITORING AND REPORTING
5.2. Reporting on implementation of the global Programme of Work on Migratory Birds, Americas Flyways Framework and Action Plan, as facilitated by its Americas Task Force
5.2.1. Prepare a review of the implementation of this Action Plan based on national reports presented by Parties and invite reports from non-Parties and other stakeholders to COP 13.
Relevant questions in the existing CMS National Report format
General questions on Appendix I species [this group of questions repeated for each taxonomic group]:
1. Is the taking of all Appendix I [bird etc] species prohibited by the national implementing legislation cited in Table I(a) (General Information)? If other legislation is relevant, please provide details:
1a. If the taking of Appendix I [bird etc] species is prohibited by law, have any exceptions been granted to the prohibition? If yes, please provide details (include the date on which the exception was notified to the CMS Secretariat pursuant to CMS Article III(7).
1.2 Questions on specific Appendix I species [this group of questions repeated for each taxonomic group]
3. Indicate and briefly describe any activities that have been carried out in favour of this species in the reporting period. (Please provide the title of the project and contact details, where available): [List of types provided]
5. Describe any future activities that are planned for this species.
1. Is your country a Range State for any migratory species that has an unfavourable conservation status, but is not currently listed in Appendix II and could benefit from the conclusion of an Agreement for its conservation? If yes, please provide details.
1a. Is your country taking any steps to propose the listing of this/these species in Appendix II?
Please provide information about measures undertaken by your country relating to recent Resolutions and Decisionssince the last Report. For your convenience please refer to the list of COP Resolutions and Decisionslisted below:
►The CMS COP Resolution Migratory Freshwater Fish (10.12)
[Add possible other progress review processes relevant to this target within CMS and CMS instruments]