Target 2: Multiple values of migratory species and their habitats have been integrated into international, national and local development and poverty reduction strategies and planning processes, including on livelihoods, and are being incorporated into national accounting, as appropriate, and reporting systems.
►The COP Resolution 12.5 (Manila, 2017) on National Reports, includes:
11. Requests the CMS Secretariat to continue to liaise with the CBD Secretariat and the other biodiversity-related conventions and relevant institutions with a view to adopting suitable indicators to measure the achievement of relevant Aichi targets;
12. Also requests UNEP to continue to seek opportunities to support the Convention through the Knowledge Management and related projects;
See separate Indicator Factsheets document.
► The Action Plan for the conservation of southern South American migratory grassland bird species and their habitats, adopted within the Memorandum of Understanding on the Conservation of Southern South American Migratory Grassland Bird Species and their Habitats:
Objective 4 - To strengthen public policies for natural grasslands preservation:
· Territorial planning tools and action plans have been produced and implemented.
· Operational plans per year per country.
· Number of regulations proposed and implemented.
Theme 9 - National, Regional and International Collaboration and Cooperation:
Objective 1 - Promote and enhance national, regional and international coordination, collaboration and partnership for whale and dolphin conservation in the Pacific Islands Region:
· Number of national, regional and international organisations, processes and frameworks incorporating PIR whale and dolphin conservation needs.
· Number of national, regional and international partnerships created to support WDAP implementation.
· Number of NBSAPs or equivalent strategies integrating WDAP action.
· Capacity strengthened to draft, manage and enforce legislation and policy in country/territory.