The new Parties are:
- Ukraine: After Russia, Ukraine is the second
largest country in Europe encompassing very different
landscapes such as coastal regions along the Black Sea,
steppe and forest-steppe in the south and the center and
the Carpathian mountains in the west offering suitable
habitats for a plurality of migrating wild animals.
- Greece: This country has well preserved natural areas,
which many species use during the breeding season as well
as in the off-season and as stop-overs.
- Mongolia: This country possesses a great range of
natural ecosytems within its borders. It is a transition
zone, where the flora and fauna of Siberia meet the very
different species of the deserts and steppes of Central
- Bulgaria: It borders to the east on the Black Sea
and its topography is marked by two mountain ranges and
two great valley. It holds a rich and varied fauna and
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Macedonia
is characterized by various natural features such as high
mountain massifs, mountain rivers and tectonic lakes,
numerous thermal springs, basins and valleys.
- The Republic of the Congo: is situated in west-central
Africa with a short stretch of coast on the South Atlantic.
In a number of other countries the governmental / parliamentary
process of accession to CMS is in an advanced stage, e.g..
Albania, Croatia, Georgia, Moldova, Uganda